13/70: 15k + 5k - Preparation Race
Started at a local 15k race in Pohlheim. I started with a pretty moderate pace (19:10 for first 5k), then due to the hilly and windy conditions I slowed down a bit (19:53 for the second 5k) , and tried to accelerate a bit at the end (18:54 for the last 5k). Finally it was a good race, ended up with a 57:57 what means an average pace of 3:52/km resp. 6:13/mi. But I am not sure what I am capable at the moment. I fear it's not good enough for the marathon in around 8 weeks. Most probably I have to give 100% in a race during the next 3 weeks. But I also have to see how I can afford the current resp. the planned mileages. Actually I am not used to mileages higher than 60k or so!

1 Comments:
what do you do prior to race day? To prepare yourself e.g Do you run the day before the race?
Post a Comment
<< Home