02/70: 17k Intervalls
Today was the first hard workout on the plan. I didn't perform hard intervalls for ages, and in fact, these are not really hard intervalls as they are just in intended marathon race pace, oh my dear! I feel so incapable when I don't have the race adrenaline ;-) Anyway, the plan says 5*2000m in a 3:54/km (6:15/m) pace, I changed it a bit as I have an approx. 1700m course round which is not to hilly (approx. 30 meters height gain and loss per round), mostly paved, and partly in the forest for wind protection. The resting intervall was planned for 4 minutes slowly running:
My split times:
6:33
6:29 (3:49/km resp. 6:06/m)
6:32
6:43
6:47 (3:59/km resp. 6:23/m)
At the beginning my aim was to go for 6 intervalls but in the end I was exhausted enough and, I mean, this was my lunch break ;-)
Stats:
Distance: 17k (10.6m)
Time: 1:22:00
Pace (Avg.): 4:49/km (7:43/m)
Nice sunset when I stepped out of the office today, isn't it?

1 Comments:
Beautiful photos! Good luck on your race this weekend as well. On my website I posted a question about taking pictures while running-- maybe you can answer them?
Post a Comment
<< Home