Tuesday, June 29, 2004

Speed work on the track

Tuesday, 5:30 pm, it's again time for club training on the track. Puh, that's hard, but I swear it won't be as hard as last week! I was exhausted for at least three to four days due to our "little exercise".
We were a pack of 6 (Udo, Silke, Frank, Ralf, Michael) and ran 5 to 8 intervalls each with distance of 1.000m, slow run breaks of about 800m. I tried to increase my pace in each subsequent intervall. That worked and I felt really better than last week.

My splits:
1 - 3:44
2 - 3:39
3 - 3:33
4 - 3:29
5 - 3:22

In the end my mate Ralf clocked his last 1.000m with a 3:04. Isn't that UNBELIEVABLE as we are just joggers ;-)

Besides, Luca-Henri (my 5-year-old son) joined me today. We ran 400m, then he watched one intervall run, then he "ran" another 400m and so on. He was pretty dilligent. Next Saturday will be a race nearby, maybe he is in the mood for the 800m kids run. He's still doubting as there might be no medals for the Kids run finishers ;-)

1 Comments:

At July 5, 2004 at 10:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

looks like your son will be a great runner! that is unbelievable that a 5 year old can do that, most 5-8 year olds that i know wouldnt be able to handle that at all. keep up the great work!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home