Back from Spain (again)
Hey man, I am really busy at the moment. I think it will be still worse in the next weeks. But from mid of January onwards I expect "easy" living (maybe not easy but...).
Actually I wanted to post some updates on my last marathon. Yeah, I ran it last Saturday, oh man, was this a tough one. Especially when considering that I am not trained at all at them moment. During the last three months I ran in total 38 times with 437 km, i.e. less than 40k/week. See below the table of how often I ran which distance:
Dist. Number
5 km - 1
7 km - 4
8 km - 4
9 km - 2
10 km - 8
11 km - 4
12 km - 5
13 km - 3
14 km - 1
15 km - 1
17 km - 1
20 km - 1
21 km - 2
23 km - 1
You can imagine the pain I had running the marathon ;-) But more details, actually the Advent marathon in Arolsen at end of november is more or less a sort of cult. Nearly anybody likes to go there for season closure, despite the fact that it's nearly always bad weather and a pretty tough course with pretty hilly sections and a lot of mud.
At 11 AM the crowd started directly at the Twistesee, and, off course, it rained and was pretty cold. After the first 4k I sweated pretty much as we were "climbing" into the forests. Anyway some time later I was nearly frozen as the rain was heavier and heavier. Off course, I didn't like it too much but we were a pretty nice group together with Robbie and Georg and made a lot of jokes. We reached Half Marathon at around 1:54hrs, actually this should be a pretty slow pace for me but my back killed me so I didn't feel like this is an easy pace especially when considering all these ups and downs on the course... Anyway, my friends left me at km 32 and km 38 when I said to them that they should go and not wait for me I will be in better shape next year to beat them ;-)
In the end, I clocked with a 3:38:51 and a 141st place out of nearly 700 runners. I don't intend to run that one again but it was good to make it, especially because my job kills me currently but I needed this as a strange sort of these mental things ;-)

4 Comments:
Sounds quite fast to me! The course seems tough, too. Congratulations on getting through it without a strong training base.
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Okay, well done, congrates.
Your blog and and the fact that cycling in the winter is more difficult than running made me try running again. I bought some trainingshoes and feel the magic.
argh! I missed this! Nice going Oliver and I love the pictures too. You look determined.
Post a Comment
<< Home