My "Plan" of May-2004
Before issueing my training plan for first quarter of 2005 I just go through my last training "plan" of this year when I trained for the marathon beginning of May. I've set that time a PR with 2:56. But when I am looking at what I did for it I can't recommend it for others to copy ;-) This was really a pretty lousy preparation!
I have logged 10 training weeks before marathon race day:
Total: 612k (excl. marathon race day)
Min. week: 50k
Max. week: 75k
Longest runs: 3*21k, 1*26k, 2*28k
Tempo runs (Race pace or faster): 77k (12%)
If I compare that with my new plan (which is only in my mind yet) I will need very good mental health to succeed the training period ;-)

2 Comments:
Oliver, the long run should be in the 30's. Mind that after 30 k the marathon begins. That you ran 2.56 tells me that you can do much faster and that you mental shape is excellent.
I fully agree but, you know, 30k+ are soooooooooooooo long just for training and mostly alone ;-)
Post a Comment
<< Home