Marathon, Marathon, Marathon
So many marathons... On Sunday the Frankfurt City Marathon will be held. Actually, my first two marathons (in 1999 and 2000) I ran in Frankfurt. It's not far, it's a flat course, not to crowded (approx. 9.000 runners) but it's not cheap ;-) And since last year it's the only marathon in Germany where the finish line is inside a building ("the fair hall") on a red curstain!!!! I won't run but maybe I can go there for watching.
Besides, today I have registered for the Mainz City Marathon. Actually the 4th time in a row, it will be held on May, 8th but you have to register now as they intend to close registry by the coming weekend. They have a limit of around 6.000 runners and everybody from here likes to run there. Actually I was mostly struggling with that marathon, actually it's a nice city course with similar two laps but in 2002 and 2003 it was such hot weather, puh. But I steadily improved my times there: 3:11, 2:59, 2:56. Maybe I give it a 4th improvement try, haha...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home